Great El Paso Bakeries To Go When You Want A Sweet Gift
I LOVE bakeries. I'm not the only one either. Whenever it's date night, or a day for celebration, I love going to a bakery & seeing what's freshly made. With Mother's Day (and Father's Day) coming up, if you want to get something nice for your parent, or that special someone, there's plenty of local bakeries to stop at.
Some places that my girlfriend, her family & my mom love to go are:
- Gussie's Tamales & Bakery: A Mexican bakery you can also order tamales or menudo. 2200 North Piedras Street. It's also the best place for conchas according to Yelp.
- Bella Cora: A great place for cakes & a place for great macaroons with two locations in El Paso (7500 N Mesa & 1830 Joe Battle). People might remember that some of their bakers were featured on Netflix's Sugar Rush Christmas in 2020.
- Donuts N Boba: They have two locations in town. The original location at 9601 McCombs & the 2nd one at 2931 George Dieter.
- Weirddoughs Bakery & Café: You can get donuts, pastries & cakes at 2900 N Mesa.
- Bowie Bakery: A staple in El Paso's history; Bowie is found on 5000 Doniphan & and of course you got the original location near Downtown, 901 S Park. It's become so famous in El Paso, celebrities have made visits here.
- National Bakery: A bakery located that my mother recommends, you can find National at 520 S Stanton St.
- Greggerson's Cake Cottage: Another place my mom frequents, you can get custom cakes here located at 2050 Trawood Dr.
Other places I recommend are:
- The two German bakeries in town: Peter's German Bakery (it's also a grill) on 255 Shadow Mountain & Marina's German Bakery on 2033 Trawood
- Cupcakeology: A place that specializes ENTIRELY in cupcakes (I wonder what gave that away?) You can find it on the west side, 4700 N Mesa.
- Sweet Addiction: A bakery located in Central El Paso, this place also specializes in cupcakes, cookies & other treats. 2831 Mobile Ave
Now if you'll excuse me...I have a hankering for something sweet.