10 Most Stressful Things in Life and How to Deal with Stress
A lot of people made a resolution for 2020 to be less stressed. Now that we are over 2 weeks into the new year, most of those people have most likely already lost that resolution.
Even if it wasn't your resolution, or you just want to lessen your stress a bit, here are the things to be aware of, as these are the most stressful things in life according to a new survey.
- Taxes - 73% of people say this causes the most stress in their life.
- Going to the doctor - 67%
- Holiday shopping - 64%
- Going to the dentist - 64%
- Family events - 64%
- Credit card debt - 64%
- Traveling - 61%
- How much money you have in the bank - 60%
- Paying your rent or mortgage - 59%
- Visits from the in-laws - 59%
While you can't completely eliminate these things from your life, you can learn to deal with them better, or just deal with stress better. Here are the 10 best ways to deal with stress.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol
- Get physical, work out
- Get proper sleep
- Try relaxation techniques
- Talk to someone
- Keep a stress diary
- Take control
- Manage your time
- Learn to say 'no'
- Rest if you are sick