Renewing Your Driver License In 2024? Better Read This First …
Back in the day, renewing your driver license was almost as complicated as getting it in the first place.
Thanks to the internet though, it's WAY easier for some these days. In fact, it's possible that you may not even have to leave your home.
The Texas Department of Public Safety, (TXDPS), is offering some advice for those renewing their driver license this year to make the process a little smoother for those going in person.
- First, see if you can do it online. Go to the TXDPS website and fill in your info. It will tell you if you can or can't. If you can, score ... you'll be done in minutes.
- If you have to go in, schedule an appointment and fill out the required questionnaire in advance. You'll still wait but not as long as walk-ins.
- If you can't get the appointment you want, check for other TXDPS offices. A short drive could get you the day and/or time you want/need.
- If you do need a "same day" appointment, get there WAY early. Walk-in spots are few and they fill up fast.
- Check again for the day you want in case there has been a cancellation.
If your license already expired, don't worry, you can still renew it. However ...
If it's been over 2 years since it expired, you not only can't renew online, you can't renew at all.
You have to start the entire application process all over again, from the very beginning.