Shopping With Dubba G: Part 1 – Looking For Incense
I say Part 1 because things like this happen to me so often, I can totally see this becoming a series....
My "go-to" grocery store was recently remodeled and everything's different. I needed help yesterday...here's what happened! (Names have been omitted to protect the innocent and, possibly, a big account for the station.
- Me: Where is your incense?
- Her: (glancing, all around): Incense? Ummmmm.........It issssss...onnnnnnnn..........uhhhhh. Hmmmm. Uhhhh.....
- Me: (in my head): Wow. She doesn't even know what it is!?
- Her: Ummmm, soooo....is that like a (hesitates) food or ... something? (Raises eyebrows, expectantly)
- Me: It's used as a fragrance. To add aroma to a room, or cover odors.
- Her: Oh, those would either be in the pharmacy or, maybe, down "that way"...
- Me: (in my head): I know it's used in some religious practices but, I would hardly consider it a pharmaceutical. Out loud, I say: ... with a smile and in a friendly manner ... "Well, that narrowed it down to this half of the store!!".
- Her: (laughs) Well...really, I don't think we have things like that
- Me: Air fresheners? Candles? Room deodorizers? They're usually all together.
- Her: Oh!! In that case, they would be over that way. (points)
- Me: All the scented stuff?
- Her: I think so! (happy smile, raised eyebrows) She adds, questioningly, as I start to walk away, "I would try, maybe, aisle 16 or 17!?!?"
- Me: Ok, thank you! (Thinking I'll just start at the end and go aisle by aisle until I find it or a manager....)
- Her: If not there, I think Wal-Mart has it!!
- Me: (Waving) Ok, thank you.
Luckily, it was on 17. Now that I've written this, if I forget again, I can just re-read it. It'll be much easier!