Raft The Rio Saturday
Rafters, this is your weekend!
The Raft The Rio Festival takes place Saturday morning, hosted by the Kiwanis Club of Las Cruces. Rafters can compete in any 2 of these 4 categories: "best use of recycled materials, least likely to finish, most spirited crew and most original raft design."
Here are the basic facts from the Las Cruces Sun - News:
- Onsite registration is Saturday morning, from 8 - 9:30am.
- Rafts launch from La Llorona Park, 3440 W. Picacho Avenue at 10 am.
- Cost for 2 rafters is $30, each additional rafter is $5.
- Rafting the Rio, without entering a prize category, is $10.
- All participants must wear a personal flotation device.
- The "finish line" is at Mesilla Bosque State Park.
- Proceeds will help support Jardín de los Niños.