Pros And Cons To The World Ending On April 23rd
Hey, did you know that the world is ending on April 23? No? Well, now you do. At least according to Christian Numerologist David Meade who told the UK’s Daily Express that on November 23, the alignment of the sun, moon and Jupiter signaled the end times. Which coincides with the book of Revelation 12:1-2 which many will say is the start of The Rapture. Which I guess translates to “Five months later the world will end.” Again, according to David Meade who also predicted that the world would end last year and yet, here we are.
But don't freak out yet, NASA had had to go and explain that this is not true! In a statement, a NASA spokesperson said: "Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an internet hoax. There is no factual basis for these claims. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and headed for an encounter with the Earth, astronomers would have been tracking it for at least the past decade, and it would be visible by now to the naked eye." But it did get me thinking; If the end of the world were next week, of course it would be terrible, but how bad really? Because I can think of some real good reasons for the world to end on the 23rd, like:
- I would still be able to go see Shinedown on the 14th at Speaking Rock. Shinedown is one of my favorite bands and I've never missed them when they come into town, so I think that's a pro, seeing them before the world ends.
- I'd still be able to go to the Sun City Baconfest on April 15. It's one of my favorite events and the food is always great.
- I would still be able to see ZZ Top perform on the 18th. I missed them when they came with Guns N Roses so I have to make up for that.
- I won't have to pay next month's rent or bills. On the downside, I paid for a full month's rent all for the world to end on the 23rd!
- I won't have to hear Buzz's yodeling anymore! Buzz has been taking the Yodeling Challenge to the extreme and keeps bursting into the room yodeling!
So those are some pretty good pro's to the world ending. Of course, there are some downsides like:
- I won't get to see Metallica when they come in March 2019! They're on my bucket list and now I'll never get to see them!
- I won't get to see Avengers:Infinity War. Which really sucks because Lisa already bought our tickets!
- The Street Car project still won't be done and I'll never know if they got to use any of my suggested names for the streetcars!
- I-10 will probably still be a mess. I just think it'd be a shame to die before that project ever finishes!
- I won't get to see the third season of Stranger Things and that sucks because I have so many questions after season 2!
Sure there's more downsides like all of humanity ending, we'd all probably suffer horrific deaths. But the upside is that it's not true and we have nothing to worry about. Now all we have to do is wait for the next "End of the world" date to pop up.