I-10 in West El Paso Will Close for 57 Hours Mother’s Day Weekend
Heads up, motorists: another full weekend closure of I-10 in west El Paso is happening this weekend. Failure to heed the warnings could mean a ruined Mother's Day celebration -- especially if your plans require travel in, around, or through the Sunland Park Drive area.
The second of possibly three consecutive 57-hour closures of the 1-10/Sunland Park Drive Interchange will begin at approximately 9 p.m. Friday, May 11, lasting through 6 a.m. Monday, May 14. The weekend-long shutdown is needed so that crews can remove 28 massive steel girders from the old Sunland flyover ramp that came down last month.
As a result, I-10 in both directions will be closed. Detours will be similar to last weekend, except the I-10 westbound route will take you to Mesa. (See map below)
57-hour Closure #2 - 9 p.m. Friday, May 11 - 6 a.m. Monday, May 14, 2018
• Sunland Park Drive southbound will close between Mesa Hills Drive and Paisano Drive
• The Sunland Park Drive northbound overpass will close.
• The Sunland Park entrance ramp to I-10 Westbound will close.
• The Sunland Park flyover entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound will close.
• The Resler entrance ramp to I-10 East will close.
• I-10 Westbound traffic will exit at Sunland (Exit 13) and follow Sunland Park Drive to North Mesa Street (SH 20), then follow North Mesa Street (SH 20) to re-enter I-10 Westbound from the North Mesa Street (SH 20) entrance ramp.
• I-10 Eastbound traffic will exit at Sunland (Exit 13) and immediately re-enter I-10 at the next ramp.