A Baseball Derailed One Of The El Paso Streetcars
Seriously ... a baseball. I am absolutely, NOT kidding.
Last Thursday, one of the El Paso Streetcars derailed near Southwest University Park when it ran over a baseball. (Fortunately, Chico was not chasing the baseball and was never in any danger.) No people were injured in the accident either because, I'm pretty sure, it had no passengers to begin with. This idea has been a bust from day one:
- The traffic delays during construction crippled Downtown and the Westside while hampering Sun Metros ability to function.
- It may not be able to climb the hill on Stanton.
- There have been accidents.
- It's been losing money from the beginning.
- The (non-theft) money loss continues.
- Despite already losing money, the city is letting folks ride free all Summer. (Well, the 2 or 3 people that actually want to ride it anyway.)
After all that, now it seems the smallest thing can knock them off the tracks. Jeez... When is the city going to give up on this disaster and find something that will provide a necessary service to El Pasoans and actually MAKE money?
What do you think? Is it time to shut these things down? To cast your vote, click here.