Top 5 Reasons Why El Paso Stands Out From The Rest Of Texas
El Paso is unique in a number of ways. here are 5 of them.
KLAQ wants to send you to Las Vegas to see Five Finger Death Punch. In honor of that, I've been putting together "top 5" lists. Here's are 5 ways El Paso is WAY different from the rest of Texas.
Texas is big and loaded with cool things and places so, in order to stand out from all the other spots, you have to be very unique. Here are Five ways El Paso distinguishes itself from the rest of the lone star state.
- El Paso is the only Texas city in the mountain time zone. Primarily because, as is the Texas way in general, we don't like being told what to do.
- El Paso practically straddles the border between the United States of America and Mexico.
- We're the junction of 3 states - Texas, New Mexico and the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
- 4 El Paso is one of three major metroplexes, connected to one another. (1) El Paso, the 6th largest city in Texas. (2) Las Cruces, the 2nd largest city in New Mexico and (3), Juarez, the largest city in Chihuahua.
- 5 We redirected nature to establish an international boundary. El Paso is the site of the Chamizal Memorial, established where the USA and Mexico actually shifted the Rio Grande to settle a long standing dispute over where the border should be.
El Paso has a number of claims to fame and I could go on and on about them but, for now, we'll settle for these five.
Check back here again for more interesting facts, trivia and ... best of all ... ways to win stuff.
Celebrities Busted With Pot In & Around El Paso, TX