Las Vegas Just Gave The Green Light To Marijuana Bars
For now, only licensed dispensaries can operate lounges although the new law strictly forbids lounges to sell weed. (Make them buy or rent a whole separate property and pay a second set of taxes and stuff, huh?? Well played Las Vegas … well played.)
Anyway, the High Times website posted this partial list of the rules:
- Only adults 21 and older will be allowed to enter lounges.
- Lounges will not be allowed to sell or provide any actual cannabis. Instead, patrons must bring their own flower.
- Lounges will be allowed to sell paraphernalia.
- Consumption sites must be at least 1,000 feet from schools and casinos. Similarly, they must also be at least 300 feet from other protected institutions, such as churches.
- All marijuana consumption lounges must meet strict requirements for odor control, fire safety, air quality, sanitation, and security.
- Additionally, marijuana consumption taking place inside the lounges cannot be visible to the public.