KLAQ BBQ: King of the Weenies Hot Dog Competition
KLAQ is ready to crown the KING OF THE WEENIES! We’re hosting a hot dog contest at Wet N Wild at our KLAQ BBQ over Memorial Day weekend and we want YOU! Well, that’s if you’ve got awesome hot dogging skills! Winner takes $500 cash. The hot dog competition will take place on Saturday, May 25, 2019.
Fill out the form below if you would like to battle to become King of the Weenies!
Here is how the competition is going to work:
KING OF THE WEENIES COMPETITION RULES
1. All Grillers will be competing at the same time.
Competitors can begin preparing their hotdogs at 11 a.m.
Competitors MUST be ready to present their hotdog to judges at 1 p.m.
2. Factors that will be judged:
· Overall Taste
· Presentation: appearance, aroma, color (unique elements and creativity)
· 70% of the score will result from overall taste; the remaining 30% will be based
For the KLAQ BBQ, there will be only ONE category – your BEST hot dog.
We are going to do a blind taste test. We will then create a point scale based on a 1 to 5 (5 is the highest). Points will be awarded per category. Trophies and prizes for best overall points.
First Place: $500
What You Need to Know:
Selected competitors must be available to compete on Saturday, May 25, 2019 between the hours of 10am-5pm.
If you are selected to compete, you will receive 4 competitor’s access wristbands into Wet N Wild plus four official competitor’s t-shirts, these wristbands should be used for the official team griller, plus three people to help assist/cheer you on.
You must pick up your access wristbands and your competitor’s shirt prior to the event day, day and time to be determined.
You and your hot dog crew will have access to set-up at Wet N Wild starting at 10am to set up your items to cook.
You must bring all items needed to prepare and serve your hot dog
You can prepare your items in advance or on-site.
All items must be cooked on-site. You can bring your own grill or you can rent one from Wet N' Wild, but you can only rent charcoal.
You must create one presentation plate of your choice, for presentation purposes only. This would include your side dishes and garnishes. (Anything to
make your full plate look awesome and tempting).
You will have to provide 5 hot dog plates to use for judges for the actual
UPDATE: ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL END OF DAY MAY 17th.
Contestants will be announced May 17th.