20 Of the Creepiest Songs From Movies that Freak Us Out
With Halloween right round the corner, many are getting ready by creating their own Halloween soundtrack. I have several! One of my horror playlists includes music from horror movies; some songs are obviously spooky sounding and some- well, you'd have to see the movie to understand!
In honor of the Halloween season, and because I wanted to add some new songs to my playlist I did what I usually do and asked our listeners what songs they thought were spooky and creepy all because they came out in a horror movie!
If you don't know what "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" by Tiny Tim is, allow me to remind you!
Yeah, we're all tough until this some comes on! A few of you agreed that this song was the one that did it for you! But I also got some great answers, and some great additions for my Halloween playlist. Here are 20 creepy songs that movies used!
1. Q Lazarus, "Goodbye Horses" (The Silence of the Lambs)
I'll give Buffalo Bill this, he has great taste in music! This song will always be tucked away in your memory!
2. The Moody Blues, "Nights in White Satin" (Rob Zombie's Halloween 2)
Say what you will about the movie but Rob Zombie knows how to put together a good soundtrack!
3. Stealers Wheel, "Stuck in the Middle With You" (Reservoir Dogs)
Another mastermind when it comes to amazing soundtracks, Quentin Tarantino chooses great songs for his movies.
4. Corey Taylor- Sunglasses at Night (Nope)
Jordan Peele is a relatively newcomer when it comes to films, but so far, his song choices are creepy enough to send chills down your spine!
5. Luniz, "I Got 5 On It" (Us)
This is the one that should have tipped us off that Jordan Peele was a horror genius, the "Tethered remix" as this one is called is so creepy I ended up making it my ringtone!
6. Slim Whitman, "I Remember You"(House of 1,000 Corpses)
Another Rob Zombie pick, like I said before, the man can make a good soundtrack!
7. Gob, "Paint it Black" (Stir of Echoes)
The scene in which the song is brutal and when this song came on, it forever haunted us.
8. Blue Oyster Cult, (Don't Fear) The Reaper (Halloween)
One of my absolute favorites, and in the most iconic horror films of all time.
9. Nazareth, Love Hurts (Rob Zombie's Halloween)
Again, the movies weren't a lot of peoples favorite but the soundtracks will haunt you!
10. Gillian Welch, My First Lover (The Strangers)
A movie that I've only seen once because it's pretty unsettling. The song is too.
11. Donovan, Hurdy Gurdy Man (Zodiac)
A song I had never thought would be creepy but now it's added to my list!
12. Al Bowlly, "Midnight, the Stars & You" (The Shining)
Another one that had slipped my mind- and the song that I will gladly be playing at our Halloween party this year!
13. The Mamas & the Papas, "California Dreaming" (The Hills Have Eyes)
The movie that makes me out every time we drive through the New Mexico desert.
14. Merle Haggard, "Mama Tried" (The Strangers)
15. The Hide & Seek Song from Ready or Not
Yeah, that's a creepy song to play hide and seek with!
16. Beethoven, Für Elise (Stephen King's IT)
This song is creepy all on its own, no clown needed!
17. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Red Right Hand (Scream)
A personal favorite of mine, and one that is at the top of all my lists.
18. Jeepers Creepers
Such an innocent song, such a creepy movie!
19. Mike Oldfield, "Tubular Bells" (The Exorcist)
20. The Fixx, "One Thing Leads to Another" (The House of the Devil)
This is my own personal entry, it doesn't necessarily creep me out, but the movie is great, the scene is great and it's a great song to get your Halloween party started!
40 Great Songs El Pasoans Love Because of a TV Show or Movie