Chaparral Blood Drive Saturday
Blood supplies are running a little low and donations tend to fall off some during the holidays so, please help.
The Chaparral Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a blood drive tomorrow at the fire station, located at 500 E. Lisa. Donors will receive thank - you goodies in the form of movie tickets and shirts.
As I mentioned, blood supplies are low and get even lower around the holidays as donors get busy Christmas shopping, traveling to see family, etc. Your donation could make a big difference and possibly save up to 3 different lives!
Here are the donor requirements from Vitalant.com:
- Must be at least 16 years old (16- and 17-year-olds must bring a signed permission form from a parent or guardian, if required by state or school).
- Weigh at least 110 pounds.
- Be in good general health.
- For your safety and to ensure a positive donation experience, make sure you eat within two hours ahead of your donation. Drink plenty of water that day and 24 to 48 hours beforehand. Feel free to help yourself to something to eat and drink in our refreshment area.
- Bring your ID—something with your name and one of the following: date of birth, donor ID number or your photo.
- You must wait eight weeks between whole blood donations. Learn more about specific intervals for other types of donation.
- You should not be under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs at the time of donation.