How You Can Celebrate National Chili Day In El Paso
Today is February 25th, a day Kevin from The Office would be VERY happy about..
The wonderful thing about chili is there are MANY ways to make it & there are plenty of places that serve chili.
Get our free mobile app
Yelp has listed some of the restaurants that serve the best chili in El Paso & they include:
- El Taquito. 1422 Airway Blvd
- L & J Cafe. 3622 E Missouri Ave
- ELEMI Restaurant. 313 N Kansas St
- Lucy's Coffee Shop. 1305 N Mesa
- Kiki's Restaurant & Bar. 2719 N Piedras St
Of course you can always make homemade chili & my family has certainly made plenty of it. Here's one recipe my uncle made that actually won a competition at his workplace called "Kyle's Sweatin' Chili":
- 1 green pepper
- 1lb ground Italian sausage
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans (undrained)
- 1/2 cup French's Classic Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 (1 1/4 oz.) pkgs of McCormick's chili seasoning mix
- Cook beef & onion in nonstick pot until meat is browned then drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling & simmer for 15 min.
Or if you want something a little milder, my mom loves to make Chicken Taco Chili
- 1 can of black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can of kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can of corn drained
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 packet of chicken taco seasoning
- Red pepper flakes and salt & pepper to taste
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 3 or 4 chicken breasts
- 1 diced onion
- Put all ingredients in crockpot & cook on low for 8 hours.
However you wish to celebrate National Chili Day is entirely up to YOU, just make sure to have something to cool your mouth off.