Airlines Horrible Break Down Stats
If you're looking for a cheap flight out of El Paso, you might want to read this first.
- Allegiant has 86 planes. 42 of them broke down at least once mid-flight last year.
- Allegiant's planes had at least 77 forced landings due to serious mechanical failures.
- Allegiant enjoyed 39 engine failures between January 2015 and September 2016.
- Allegiant repaired important parts of its planes, only to see the same parts break down again, 18 times last year.
- Allegiant's planes are, on average, 22 years old. Despite this, it only has maintenance engineers at 11 of the 118 airports that give it hospitality.
- For every 10,000 flights, airlines average 3 unexpected landings. Allegiant had 12.
The Tampa Bay Times reports that Allegiant reps blame "operations being under pressure and a need to slow down". Allegiant CEO Maurice Gallagher said: "I can look at what we did [in 2015] and it wasn't acceptable."