What Was Victory as a Child but Defeat as an Adult?
Certain things were victories as a child. Sometimes it wasn't anything all that big, but it felt big. As an adult, those small victories have become defeats. Here are a few such cases.
- Kid - Sweet, I have enough money to buy a burrito at the gas station!
- Adult - Ugh, I only have enough money to buy a burrito at the gas station.
- Kid - They totally said I looked older than I really am.
- Adult - Crap, I look old
- Kid - Yay, I lost another tooth
- Adult - What the f***? How'd that tooth come out?
- Kid - I woke up with enough time to watch the good cartoons on Saturday!
- Adult - Why am I up before my alarm on the weekend?
- Kid - Snow! Snow! No school today!
- Adult - Snow... time to get the chains out.
- Kid - Awesome! I gained 10 pounds. I'm huge!
- Adult - I gained 10 pounds?! I'm huge!
- Kid - Being an adult must be the best! Choose your own bed time, eat whatever you want, make your owns rules!
- Adult - Being an adult sucks. I'm never in bed on time, whatever I eat is bad for me, and I'm tired of making decisions.