Video Shows How Awesome Amish Donuts Are
Maybe you’ve tried Amish jam or Amish sticky buns but have you ever heard of Amish donuts. Well, if you answered “no’, the following video will introduce you to Amish donuts and show you how to make them yourself.
First, a few facts about the Amish that may or may not be true:
- The Amish in the United States eschew most modern conveniences such as automobiles and electricity.
- The Amish are one of the few groups in the U.S. that are exempt from paying Social Security or Medicare taxes.
- The Amish have been exempted from being drafted into the military because they are pacifists.
- They don’t like having their picture taken because they consider it a “graven image”.
- If you hassle an Amish person you risk being punched out by Harrison Ford.
- The Amish do not approve of music of any kind as they view it as a form of “self-expressions”, a big no-no. They don’t play musical instruments and their church “songs” are tuneless.
With that out of the way, here’s the video on how to make Amish donuts. ‘
I guess the Amish guy in the buggy is keepin’ it real. But how about the guy taking the video?? Probably a Mennonite, I guess. It looks like this guy figured out a way to churn butter more efficiently without breaking any of the Amish rules!
Which reminds me of a joke: What goes CLIP CLOP CLIP CLOP…BANG!...CLIP CLOP CLIP CLOP?
An Amish drive by shooting.