Tips On Dealing With The Crazy El Paso Heat
Triple digit temps are the norm around here this time of year ... here are a few tips for dealing with them.
Summer's here so, you need to be careful. Last year, according to the El Paso Herald Post, 5 heat-related deaths occurred in the Borderland. Here are a few tips on dealing with high temperatures. Obviously, number 1 would be stay out of it. Aside from that:
- Try to be outside only in early morning and evening hours
- Drink LOTS of water...even if you don't really feel thirsty.
- Avoid alcohol and high sugar drinks.
- Stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Wear sunglasses, hats and plenty of sunscreen. (Preferably SPF 15, minimum.)
- Wear light, loose and light colored clothes.
- Don't leave people or pets in vehicles unless the engine and AC are running and someone is monitoring both them and the vehicle.
- Use ice or other cool items on your bodies cooling points.
For more tips, click here.