Things To Do This Weekend While Maintaining Your Social Distance
It's going to be a beautiful weekend and while we all still need to be careful, there are plenty of things to do safely.
From an indoor entertainment standpoint, there's not much to do really. A few bars and restaurants are open and the movie theaters are inching back. Between having to wear masks, not walk around, etc ... not to mention worrying whether the person next to you is sick or not ... the inconveniences often outweigh the fun. If you go outdoors though, there are plenty of things to do that are fun, family-friendly and which allow you to keep your distance from those you know and, especially, those you don't.
Here are a few ideas for you:
- Go hiking - El Paso is loaded with great hiking areas like McKelligon Canyon and the Franklin Mountains State Park for example. (Watch for snakes though!)
- Go swimming - Wet 'N Wild Waterworld is open. The park is huge so you can spread out and avoid close contact with others plus, Wet 'N Wild staff are monitoring the crowds for size and adherence to safety precautions.
- Go to a park - El Paso has almost 300 parks of all shapes and sizes in which you can have some fun, maybe grill or celebrate a little and, of course, maintain that ever-important social distance.
- Go driving - If it's just you and that special someone, gas up the car, grab a couple of drinks, a snack and just drive around. We have some beautiful highways throughout the area and mountain ranges to travel through.
- Go riding - This is what I have in mind. Same as the driving suggestion but, more fun and more opportunity for friends to join in. You're not all crammed into a car and when you stop along the way for whatever reason, you can still stay a little apart.
- For driving/riding ideas, click here.
Just a few ideas, enjoy your weekend and remember to stay hydrated, it will be pretty warm out.