Sun Bowl Info, Do’s And Don’ts
Let's start with the partying:
- Tailgating, picnicking, etc is cool in most of the parking areas ... except the parking garage by The Haskins Center ... as long as you're within 4 feet of your vehicle.
- One parking place per vehicle and you must display the proper parking pass. If you didn't get one yet, you're too late. Find someone that did and make friends!
- Having a party? Better have a party pass and better have it prominently displayed!
RV and parking passes can no longer be purchased. According to the El Paso Times, public parking is available at:
- Off Schuster Ave. south of the Sun Bowl between Hawthorne St. and I-10.
- On limited side streets and in neighborhoods adjacent to the university campus. Please note posted parking signs.
- On Sun Bowl Drive, north of Don Haskins Center lots.
- On the inner campus of UTEP.
- In the Rudolph parking lot on Mesa St., north of the Don Haskins Center.
- The parking garage on Schuster Ave.
As for the game itself.......
- Both teams are tied at 9-3.
- Kickoff is at 12:00 Noon.
- Tickets range from $22 to $62 and are available at the UTEP Ticket Center, Ticketmaster outlets and via ticketmaster.com.
Finally, the "No-No's":
- No containers (cans, bottles, flasks, coolers, etc.)
- No signs, banners, flags, umbrellas, etc; those just get in the way.
- No outside food, beverages, alcohol, etc. Duh!
- No pets except for service animals.
- No strollers and no seatback 'thingies' wider than 18"
- No laser pointers, no fireworks, no weapons (Really? We had to make a rule about those last 2?)
- No whistles and no smoking. Those just annoy people.
- Photos are cool but, no video!
There 'ya go! For more info, visit SunBowl.org.