Sleep Myths **BUSTED**
We talk about sleep a lot on the MoSho. And for good reason. It's pretty important to us considering our schedule.
- Drinking alcohol before bed helps you sleep. 32% of people believe this to be true, but it's not. Enough alcohol might knock you out but it messes with your quality of sleep, so you'll wake up feeling tired.
- Leaving the TV helps you fall asleep. 30% of people believe this. The blue light from your TV actually keeps you awake.
- The older you get, the less sleep you need. 29% of people believe this. While this is true going from an infant to a teenager, after that it stays the same. All adults need to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Some people just don't dream. 25% of people believe this. All people have dreams, it's just not everyone remembers them.
- Sleeping on your left side helps with digestion. 25% of people believe this. Even though you can find lots of articles claiming it's true, it has never truly been proven. However, one thing I can say for truth, after you get a colonoscopy, they put you on your left side to work out the "air". Laying on your left side does help if you feel like you need to fart.