‘Simpsons Treehouse of Horror’ — Brandon’s 30 Days of Horror — Day 26
For almost 30 years (that pains me to write BTW), the Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors has been a staple of Halloween for me. Although slightly less during the years when they bumped it into November. I mean seriously, I'd rather have it four weeks away from Halloween in the beginning of October than in November.
But anyway, this year's episode aired this past Sunday, and was kind of meh. It's really been hit or miss recently. The first years it started to get a little bland was around 1999-2000. While they were still good, they weren't anywhere near the quality that we'd been used to.
So this Halloween, do yourself a favor and go watch the original Treehouse of Horrors. Any one of the first ten are worth watching. Although my personal favorite segments are:
- The Shinning — The Shining spoof
- Clown Without Pity — Homer buys Bart a 'cursed' Krusty Doll. (The toppings contain potassium benzoate)
- Bad Dream House — From the original Treehouse of Horror (or The Simpsons Halloween Special if you wanna be super nerdy about it), the Simpsons move into a haunted house
- Citizen Kang — Homer is abducted by Kang and Kodos, who then take the place of Bill Clinton and Bob Dole
- Homer's NIghtmare — Mr. Burns steals Homer's brain to put in his robot