How To Deep Fry El Paso’s Favorite Liquor
Tequila is, arguably, El Paso's favorite shot of choice. Deep frying is, arguably, Texas' favorite way to prepare food.
So, what if we deep-fried tequila?
How cool, well (super hot, actually) would that be? Don't laugh, there is a way to do it. All you need is some angel food cake, tequila, a pot to fry in, and some powdered sugar to dust your creation with when finished frying.
Here's how to do it according to openmeats.com:
- Make an angel food cake and cut it into squares. (If you can't bake, buy one!)
- Heat 2-3 inches of vegetable or canola oil to 350 degrees.
- Mix tequila and lime juice in a bowl and soak a cake square in it.
- Fry the yummy little sucker in the oil.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.
They look really tasty so, be careful. Eat them in moderation for the benefit of your weight, health, and ability to operate motor vehicles, heavy machinery, etc. It may be super hot in the summer around here but, I have a feeling these things are going to be the hit of my 4th of July party. Which falls on a Saturday this year and is the day after my birthday so, oh boy. (If you're wondering what to get me for my birthday this year, just show up to the party with a bottle of tequila.)
Note: If you're going to sample the tequila while making these, you should probably let someone else handle the frying part of this unique recipe.