‘House of 1000 Corpses’ — Brandon’s 30 Days of Horror — Day 18
I remember finding out about this movie and couldn't wait for it to be released. But I had to, because despite the fact it was filmed in 2000, it wasn't released until three years later. This was apparently because Universal Pictures wouldn't release it because they thought it would get an NC-17 rating.
Easter Egg time! There are multiple references to the Marx Brothers in this movie.
- Captain Jeffery T. Spaulding was from Animal Crackers (Captain Spaulding)
- Rufus T. Firefly was from Duck Soup (Rufus and the whole Firefly family)
- Otis B. Driftwood was from A Night at the Opera (Otis)
- Dr. Hugo Z. Hackenbush was from A Day at the Races (Grandpa Hugo)
House of 1000 Corpses Analysis
- Jump Factor — 4
- Gross Out Factor — 8 (this movie gets a slightly higher rating for me because for some reason that scene with Tiny eating 'Agatha Crispies' really grosses me out)
- Alcohol Pairing — The Firefly house was the same house used in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, so grab yourself a sixer of Shiner