Great El Paso Motorcycle Rides & Cool Places – The Last Roundup
The Last Roundup has been quietly sitting at 13707 Dyer for 7 or 8 decades now and very little about it has changed. (It's no longer a stagecoach stop, they don't sell gas anymore, the jukebox is now hooked up to the internet and it's been repainted a few times.) It's pretty much the same as it was when these soldiers stopped by in 1941.
They only serve the basic beer groups ... Bud, Coors, Miller, etc ... but, you can bring your own bottle of liquor if you want. (FYI: They only accept cash and there's no ATM.) If you're lucky, some of the super friendly regulars will have cooked and you'll get a free bite or two!
- From the Westside/Upper Valley:
- Take Trans Mountain all the way to Dyer. Left on Dyer to the edge of town. It will be on the left, across from the railroad tracks.
- From the Eastside:
- Take Loop 375 to the Railroad Drive exit. Turn right and continue until you get to Dyer. Right again and it will be on your left. (Careful on the curve at Dyer!!!!)
- From Las Cruces:
- I-10 East to Anthony, exit at Highway 404 and go east towards Chaparral. At the roundabout, bear right to Stan Roberts Drive. Stan Roberts to Dyer .. left on Dyer.
- From Alamogordo:
- US-54 South to The Edge Of Texas. Left at the restaurant and right on Dyer. You'll see it!
For more about the bar and the town, click here. Let's ride!