Fun Things To Do Around El Paso This Summer – Pt. 1
Summer is here and lots of people have some downtime coming. Here are a few things to do with it...
There's a lot to do in El Paso but, if you want to skip town for a minute, here are a few cool things nearby.
- Silver City. Loads of history here and more, along with lots of trails and lakes. Directions. (Better directions - 10 West to Cruces, 25 north to Hillsboro, then NM-152 south through the Gila Forest.)
- Ruidoso. Same as Silver City really but, with lots more. The Inn Of The Mountain Gods is pretty sweet too and has a casino. Directions.
- Cloudcroft. Much smaller and quieter but, with plenty to do. It's also only an hour from Ruidoso and all it offers. Directions.
- Old Mesilla. You can literally taste the history in this small village near Las Cruces. Directions. (Better yet, go this way.)
- Las Cruces. Hardly like leaving El Paso at all but, loaded with fun stuff to do and new bars, restaurants and other stuff to discover. Directions.
- Fabens. Yeah, Fabens.... Among other things, dine at Indian Cliffs Ranch, visit the petting zoo, take a hayride and/or tour the movie filming sites. Directions.
There's LOTS more! Whether you have a few hours, a day or two or even longer; there's plenty to do around El Chuco!