EP Chihuahuas Make List of Weirdest Minor League Baseball Names
Minor League Baseball is known for it's crazy promotions and off the wall names. Oh yeah, and don't forget the great jerseys they use on special occasions. Well, the USA Today came up with a list of the top 10 Minor League Baseball names. And low and behold, the El Paso Chihuahuas come in at number 3 on the list.
- The New Orleans Baby Cakes . . . the Triple-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins.
- The Asheville Tourists . . . a farm team of the Colorado Rockies.
- The El Paso Chihuahuas . . . the Triple-A affiliate for the San Diego Padres.
- The Lansing Lugnuts . . . a farm team of the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The Montgomery Biscuits . . . the Double-A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The Binghamton Rumble Ponies . . . the Double-A affiliate of the New York Mets.
- The Orem Owlz . . . a farm team of the L.A. Angels of Anaheim.
- The West Virginia Power . . . a farm team of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The Chattanooga Lookouts . . . the Double-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.
- The Albuquerque Isotopes . . . the Triple-A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies.