El Paso’s Chalk The Block Back For 2022 Seeking Artists & Vendors
Chalk The Block celebrates 15 years of colorful chalk art and free family fun in downtown El Paso this fall.
Beginning in October, Chalk The Block will take over downtown El Paso for three days, where local artists will create temporary masterpieces made of chalk, artisans will sell their handmade treasures, and food trucks will serve up yummy eats as you get lost in the magic and wonder of the annual colorful event.
As Chalk The Block prepares for its 15th season, the El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department (MCAD) has opened the online application period for local artists and vendors to participate in Chalk the Block 2022.
Since 2007, the free and family-friendly festival has become the largest free public arts festival in the Southwest region, drawing more than 40,000 people annually.
And each year, over 200 artists and vendors converge to bring chalk art to life, including live music, theatrical performances, and interactive art installations.
Chalk The Block brings immersive fun and imagination to life and gives some of El Paso’s most talented artists a platform to showcase and flex their artistic skills for all to see.
Chalk Art Competition Categories & Links:
- Student Artist (enrolled in High School)
- Emerging Artist (practicing artist with two or more years of professional experience)
- Showcase Artist (Professional Artist with five or more years of professional experience)
- Chalk artists selected to compete will be notified by September 16.
- To apply: Click HERE
Food Truck & Vendor Application Links:
- Local Artisans: Click HERE
- Food Trucks: Click HERE
- Selected vendors will be notified by September 9, 2022
Applicants should also note that late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Chalk The Block
- Friday, October 7 to Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Downtown El Paso
- Admission: Free