By The Time Rage Against The Machine Actually Makes It To El Paso…
...these other unlikely events will probably happen first. I have literally conceptualized and birthed an entire human since I bought my tickets in 2019. What about you?
Here are some El Paso happenings that are unfortunately more reliable to count on than Rage Against The Machine finally playing a concert here. But hey...never say never.
1. Just a reminder... former President Donald Trump's campaign still owes the city of El Paso $560k. This stems from Trump's visit to El Paso in February of 2019 for his rally at the El Paso County Coliseum, which my BAMS co-host/producer/occasional therapist Joanna Barba actually attended. You can read all of her thoughts about that experience here.
More than likely, Trump will pay back the city of El Paso before the city of El Paso experiences a Rage Against The Machine concert.
2. Great Wolf Lodge will be built, and possibly up and running! This is one of those... is it really happening? Is it? Not anymore? A thought process that can only be compared to the rollercoaster of emotions one has taken on after purchasing a ticket to see Rage Against The Machine in El Paso.
After the plan to build Great Wolf was squashed due to COVID in 2020, City Manager Tommy Gonzalez still hasn't given up.
3. The *new* downtown sports arena, approved by voters in the 2012 Quality of Life bond, will be built. Duranguito elements included!
4. Joe Rogan will figure out where El Paso is on a map.
5. Direct flights out of El Paso International Airport to NYC, Detroit, Washington D.C. and Salt Lake City. Remember when there was a direct flight to Salt Lake City for a hot minute?
6. The Cowboys will win another Super Bowl.
7. The Texans will win a Super Bowl? Why not.
8. Patrick Crusius trial is complete. He is found guilty.
9. Property taxes in El Paso will decrease. Hey Buzz- cue the laugh track.
10. Marijuana will be legalized in Texas.
For now, here are 5 dispensaries in New Mexico you want to visit at least once.