9 Thoughts Everybody Ultimately Has After Moving To El Paso
1. "Oh, that's the wall? I thought it was way bigger."
2. "This is the scariest place to drive on the highway. Why do people drive so fast?!"
3. "I'm never going to be able to eat Mexican food anywhere else and think it's good."
4. "Cost of living isn't too bad, but won't I be saving more if I move just in property tax savings?"
5. "What a nice change of pace to see that snow on the ground for those five minutes! I can't wait to see it again next year."
6. "I never realized how so little rain can create such big puddles and flooding. Roads coming down the mountain are all of a sudden water slides ... with rocks and boulders. Fun!"
7. "No one knows where El Paso is because everyone thinks I live near Dallas. Or Austin. Or Houston. Yeah, you get the point."
8. "I need to shop two to three holidays in advance because BOY do people clean out the aisles quickly here."
9. "People are really friendly here! (Just as long as you're not on the roads, see No. 2)"
DID YOU KNOW: El Paso is actually the 22nd largest city in the United States , according to the 2020 Census. It is the sixth largest city in the state of Texas, but it is the only one in the Mountain Time Zone. It is also the second-largest city in the Southwestern United States, only behind Phoenix, Arizona. What makes the Sun City feel even bigger than those stats? Its sister city, Ciudad Juarez, has a population of more than 1.5 million.