10 Out Of Date Texas Laws You Unknowingly Broke Today
There are several stupid laws that are still on the books in Texas and there are some of them you have probably already broken today.
StupidLaws.com has listed a bunch of them but here are my ten favorites:
1. An invitation from a third party overrules a restraining order.
This one is mainly in College Station but it does state that if a person has a restraining order placed on them if the restrained person is invited over by another person they can enter the property legally. This is mostly for apartments and other multi-family dwellings but it could also work if you have a roommate that invites the restrained person over also.
2. You can't tuck your pants into one boot unless you own ten or more cattle.
This is definitely an old law that was probably put on the books in the 1800s and was just never taken out. Make sure you let all your oilfield friends know about this one.
3. Sixteen-year-old divorced girls are prohibited from talking about sex during high school extracurricular activities.
Here is another law probably put on the books in the 1800s or early 1900s when girls were getting married in their teens. I didn't think there were divorces back in those days but apparently, there were.
4. It is legal for the blind to go hunting as long as they have someone who isn't blind with them.
Pretty self-explanatory and pretty scary all at the same time.
5. It is illegal to have anything protruding from your bumper unless a chain is attached to it.
So if you get in a wreck and part of your bumper is protruding, just attach a chain to it and all will be good.
6. Two pigs cannot have sex on the City of Kingsville's airport property.
It seems like pig sex on the runway was a problem at some point in Kingsville, or that's what I am getting from this law on the books. Good thing this is not a big airport like Hobby or DFW or you could crash into pigs having sex.
7. A person found intoxicated must be given a large dose of castor oil by a local doctor and failure to gulp it all down will result in a fine.
This law is in a town in the Rio Grande Valley called Alamo. Not sure why you want your drunks to have projectile fluids coming out both ends but it could be entertaining at Sunday morning brunch I suppose. This one is so old that castor oil is not even available in any local drug stores anymore, sorry to cancel your Sunday morning entertainment.
8. It is illegal to raise alligators in your home.
This one is for the people in Corpus Christi. If you are raising your pet alligator in your home, you might want to go rent an apartment or a condo to raise your alligator so you don't break this law.
9. It is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.
This one is a San Antonio law on the books. So what is the point of this, to prevent people from letting another know they are interested? How did they get so many people in San Antonio if this law was enforced?
10. It is illegal to urinate on the Alamo
This one actually was put on the books not long after Ozzy Osbourne famously decided to take a leak on the Alamo on February 19, 1982.
So there ya go, how many of those laws have you broken today, or possibly going to break tomorrow?