WWE Supershow Showed That El Paso Loves Wrestling & Proud Of It
El Paso has always been a wrestling city; when the WWE Supershow made a stop this weekend, you knew there were going to be a LOT of people there. Not only did I see some familiar faces, but I was also introduced to my new favorite wrestler...
There are many of us at work who LOVE wrestling who went to the WWE Supershow: Lisa Sanchez, Steve Kaplowitz & myself. I've always been a huge fan of The Undertaker, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind & Eddie Guerrero. Going to see a wrestling show LIVE is something I recommend everyone to do at least once: you can truly feel the energy & emotion of the crowd much greater than by watching it on tv. The sensation of being there with the crowd cheering & booing all around you... it was electrifying.
The night kicked off with the Raw Women's Championship Match: Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley & the champion Charlotte Flair. The match definitely got the crowd hyped up & you definitely heard a lot of kids getting excited, which was great because I was exactly the same way when I was younger. Charlotte would end up winning the match but that was just the first match of many...
My favorite match was the 8 man tag match: you had the heels - Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, Bobby Roode & Dolph Ziggler & the faces - Rey & Dominick Mysterio, Shinsuke Nakamura & my new favorite wrestler, Rick Boogs. Why is he my favorite?
He brings out a guitar & SHREDS IN THE RING. If I was a wrestler, that's who I would be.
This became a crowd favorite match because Eddie is an El Paso hero so you knew they were going to cheer for Rey & his son Dominick the whole match. One of the loudest pops of the night came when both Rey AND Dominick delivered the 619 & a frog splash in honor of Eddie...
Overall it was an incredible time: any time you go to a sporting event, or concert, or ANY kind of huge event is much more enjoyable when you're able to go in person.
- Raw Women's Championship Match: Charlotte Flair (Champ) def. Sasha Banks, Rhea Ripley & Bianca Belair
- U.S. Championship Match: Damien Priest (Champ) def. Jinder Mahal
- Raw Tag Team Championship Match: "R-K-Bro" Randy Orton & Riddle (Champs) def "The New Day" Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods
- WWE Championship Match: Big E (Chap) def AJ Styles (w/Omos)
- Eight Man Tag Team Match: Rey Mysterio, Dominick Mysterio, Shinsuke Nakamura & Rick Boogs def. Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, Bobby Roode & Dolph Ziggler
- Women's Tag Team Match: Natalya & Tamina def Shotzi & Tegan Nox
- Six Man Tag Team Match: "The Bloodline" Roman Reigns & The Usos def. Finn Balor & The Street Profits