Where Can You Go In El Paso If You Need A COVID Test?
Unfortunately the pandemic has NOT gone away, as it proven earlier this week with El Paso confirming the first cases of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 hitting the Borderland. And as a result, there are many locations offering COVID testing just in case YOU need to get tested so here's everything you need to know.
Get our free mobile app
On the El Paso Strong website, they have listed a number of places you can go with or without an appointment:
- The COVID clinics on 7380 Remcon, 9566 Railroad & the Yselta Clinic at 110 Candlelaria St are all open Monday-Saturday 8am to 5pm. They do offer free testing via appointment, which you can schedule one here.
- UTEP is offering free COVID testing at 3333 N Mesa; the drive-up entrance for the site is from Sun Bowl Drive at Kern Place. Drive-up & walk up COVID testing is provided, no appointment is required but pre-registering is recommended to save time on waiting & people can pre-register at THIS link right here. Monday-Sunday 8:30am to 4pm.
- The County Sports Park, 1780 N Zaragoza, Nations Tobin Park Park, 8831 Railroad Dr, or the Don Haskins Rec Center, 7400 High Ridge all offer drive-thru COVID testing, no appointment needed. Monday-Sunday 8:30am to 4pm.
- Walgreens offer free COVID testing, but patients are required to schedule an appointment & fill out an online survey to determine eligibility. You can fill out the form here & schedule your appointment at your nearest Walgreens here.
- CVS offers drive-thru COVID testing to both insured & uninsured patients but everyone must register online at the CVS Minute Clinic here.
- Neighborhood Walmart Pharmacies offer drive-thru COVID testing every Tuesday & Thursday but you must schedule an appointment online.
- The WE Medical Labs offer PCR & Rapid COVID testing by either appointment or walk-ins, insured or uninsured. You can schedule an appointment by visiting their website.
- 2022 Murchison Drive, Ste. 116. Drive Thru: Monday-Friday 9am to 2pm. Walk-In Appointments: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
- 1537 N. Zaragoza Rd, 1st Floor. Monday-Thursday 9am to 5am, Friday 9am to 2pm.
- 4532 N. Mesa, 2nd floor. Monday-Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 2pm.
It was also announced that the El Paso ISD will hold free COVID Vaccine clinics at elementary & middle schools, 3pm to 5pm, from January 21 to February 2nd. Students can go to any campus & students, parents & community members can attend the clinics.
- Friday, Jan. 21 – Armendariz & Bassett middle schools; Rusk, Clendenin, Moreno, Barron, Travis & Crockett elementary schools.
- Monday, Jan. 24 – Brown & Hornedo middle schools; Polk, Rivera, Western Hills, Putnam & Tippin elementary schools.
- Tuesday, Jan. 25 – Charles & Terrace Hills middle schools; Stanton, Duran, Collins, Torres & Newman elementary schools.
- Wednesday, Jan. 26 – Henderson Middle School; Zavala, Clardy, Douglass, Hart, Hawkins & Herrera elementary schools.
- Thursday, Jan. 27 – Canyons Hills & Wiggs middle schools; Park, Powell, Sunrise Mountain, Logan & Moye elementary schools.
- Friday, Jan. 28 – Morehead, Guillen & Magoffin middle schools; Aoy, Coldwell, Hillside & Mesita elementary schools.
- Monday, Jan. 31 – Ross Middle School; Bliss, Milam, Cielo Vista, Lamar, Nixon & Hughey elementary schools.
- Tuesday, Feb. 1 – Richardson Middle School; and Tom Lea, Whitaker, Green, Johnson, Kohlberg and Lundy.
- Wednesday, Feb. 2 – MacArthur PK-8 & Haskins PK-8; Cooley, Guerrero, White elementary schools; Mesita ECDC; and Don Haskins Annex.