Need a Boost of Energy? Eat These Foods
Yesterday I let you know about some foods that are zapping your energy. CLICK HERE to check out those foods. Now, maybe you're wanting some foods that'll give you energy. Here are some to help out with that.
- Black beans - Yes, I get it. The musical fruit. Go ahead and sing it. But black beans are a great source of iron, which plays a major role in hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the bloodstream. Black beans are also a great post-workout meal. They replenish your protein and carbs, giving you energy for the rest of the day.
- Bananas - Fructose is what makes this a energy healthy treat. The fructose turns into glucose which is used for energy and helps your brain.
- Eggs - The incredible edible egg! This is loaded with protein and helps with your energy metabolism and has slow sugar absorption. For an even bigger benefit, add a complex carb and some veggies to go with that egg.
- Water - Don't tell Buzz this. He hates water. With a passion. There's an easy way to tell if you are dehydrated. If your urine is darker than pale yellow, you need more water. It's best to drink water throughout the day, rather that chugging a bunch during brief moments.
- Pistachios - The moment I saw this on the list I felt the need to drive to Alamorgordo to the giant pistachio. Pistachios are delicious but they can get pricey. If you're looking for energy, these help because they help fill your body with essential amino acids, fiber, and unsaturated fats.