Man Dies After Winning Roach Eating Contest!
This has got to be one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard about. Eating bugs to win a snake? Pardon me while I hurl... 32-year-old Edward Archbold died Friday night after eating "dozens of roaches and worms" during a contest held by the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Contestants were trying to win a free python. Investigators say Archbold wasn't feeling well and started vomiting right after the contest ended. Really? A sheriff's spokesman said "he had consumed dozens of roaches and worms". Archbold was pronounced dead after arriving at an area hospital. The Broward County medical examiner is awaiting test results to determine Archbold's cause of death. How about he ate cockroaches?!!! The roach eating contest was part of the store's Midnight Madness (appropriate title) sale. Whoever ate the most discoid roaches in four minutes , which can grow up to three inches long (going to hurl again), would be the winner. The store's Facebook page said vomiters would be disqualified. At least Archbold waited until after winning the contest. The store is holding the snake in his name and is full property of his estate.