Interesting Stats Ahead of Cowboys/Seahawks WC Game
The NFL playoffs kick off this weekend and the Dallas Cowboys host the Seattle Seahawks at 8:15pm EST on Saturday (1/5/18). The Seahawks hosted the Cowboys back on September 23rd, and lost 24 to 13. That loss dropped the Cowboys to 1 and 2 on the season.
Since then, this team has certainly been different. Most notably after the acquisition of Amari Cooper from the Raiders that started a 5 game winning streak.
Here are some interesting stats to make note of leading up to this game:
- From 2016 to 2018, 48 regular season games, the Cowboys have had 6 games with 3 or more giveaways.
- The Cowboys have had 2 games against the Seahawks in that time span. BOTH of those games the Cowboys had 3 or more giveaways.
- Ezekiel Elliott was this year's rushing champ with 1,434 yards. But having the rushing champ hasn't been a recipe for success in the post season recently.
- The last rushing champ to win a playoff game was DeMarco Murray with the Cowboys in 2014.
- The last rushing champ to make the Super Bowl was Shaun Alexander with the Seahawks in 2005.
- The last rushing champ to win the Super Bowl was Terrell Davis with the Denver Broncos in 1998.
- This game will have two of the top 5 tacklers in the league this year.
- Leighton Vender Esch of the Cowboys was third in tackles with 140.
- Bobby Wagner of the Seahawks was fourth in tackles with 138.
- The Cowboys gave up just 60 explosive plays this season. (Rush plays of 15+ yards or pass plays of 20+ yards.)
- That was good enough for fourth in the league. The Bears allowed 51, and the Ravens and Vikings each allowed 54.