How Much Should You Spend on Your Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit? [VIDEO]
Probably haven't really thought much about this, have you?
- Water. A gallon per person, per day says the CDC. 14 gallons runs about $12.32.
- Food. Click here for the complete CDC list, which came to $117.74.
- First Aid Kit. The one in the article rang up at $47.79.
- Prescriptions. Based on CDC math, a 2 week supply of the average Americans meds will run about $37.68.
- Sanitation/hygiene items. The ones in the CDC article came to $29.34.
- Clothing. The recommended items came to $44.05.
- Important documents, maps and keys. These ranged from $32.32 to $114.82.
- Basic tools, batteries and an NOAA weather radio. $121.77
- Crowbar, $7.65
My kit would also include a tomahawk, ($25-ish), about a grand's worth of guns and ammo and a few kegs. ($200-ish). Thus bringing my zombie kit to $1668.01. (I went low on documents, by the way, to allow for more beer.)
Your total will differ depending on your alcohol consumption and the type of firearm you choose. Start shopping guys, you never know!