Fireworks Are Ok In El Paso, Here’s How To Help Fido Cope
This weekend, across the Borderland, fireworks will be popping and pets will be freaking!
El Paso's allowing fireworks this year so, for pets, the terror is about to begin. Animals don't particularly care for fireworks so, here are a few tips to help your fur balls cope.
- Exercise 'em. A tired pup is less likely to let the noise get to them.
- Stay calm. Dogs mirror their owners so, if you get edgy, they will too.
- Radio and TV. Leave 'em on and turn 'em up to drown out the noise.
- Play with them. Any distraction(s) will help.
- Music. Certain frequencies calm pets (and people), buy a CD.
- Dress him up. Buy the little dude a "calming shirt".
Your pet may totally flip out and run away so, be sure doors, windows and gates are shut and their collar tags contain your current contact info.