El Paso Named One Of The Best Places For Veterans To Live
In a new report, El Paso was named one of the Top 10 best places for veterans to live. Find out where the Sun City came in on the list!
November 11th is Veteran's Day this year and the personal-finance website WalletHub just released a new report showing where the best ad worst cities are for veterans to live. Here are the metrics WalletHub used for the report:
Our analysts compared 100 of the largest U.S. cities based on 21 key indicators of veteran-friendliness. They range from “percentage of military skill-related jobs” to “availability of VA health facilities.”
El Paso came out in the top ten of the list at number 6th. Here's how El Paso did in the study:
Veteran Life in El Paso (1=Best; 50=Avg.)
- 28th – % of Military Skill-Related Jobs
- 45th – Veteran Unemployment Rate
- 18th – Veteran Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 29th – Educational Opportunities
- 12th – % of Veterans in Poverty
- 10th – Number of Homeless Veterans per Veteran Population
- 17th – Size of Veteran Population
- 17th – Housing Affordability
- 10th – Crime Rate
Texas cities Austin, Plano and Laredo also were in the top ten, with Laredo coming in all the way at number 2.
Check out the entire WalletHub report at their website.