El Paso Children Can Get a Free Meal & Book for Rec & Read Day
July is Parks & Recreation month! That doesn't mean just binge watch all the seasons of "Parks & Rec" (but I would totally suggest you do that because it's a great show!) it means it's a great month to recognize how important parks and recreation is in establishing and maintaining a quality of life. Because this year has been a little weird (okay, a lot weird) the El Paso Parks and Recreation department is celebrating Parks & Rec month with tons of great virtual activities for everyone.
Now the El Paso Parks & Recreation department, along with the Public Library, are getting ready to host "Rec and Read Day". Rec and Read day is on Thursday, July 23rd and to observe the holiday, while still maintaining social distancing guidelines, Parks & Rec and the Public Library will be distributing free meals and free books to all the children of El Paso up to age 17. You can pick up your children's free meal and book at the following locations and times:
11:30 am – 12:30 pm
• Galatzan Recreation Center, 650 Wallenberg
• Gary Del Palacio/Album Park, 3001 Parkwood
• Hidden Valley Park, 200 Coconut Tree Ln.
• Pat O’Rourke Recreation Center, 901 N Virginia
• Nolan Richardson Recreation Center, 4435 Maxwell
• Seville Community Center, 6700 Sambrano Ave
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
• Delta Park, 4321 Delta Dr.
• Officer David Ortiz Park, 563 N Carolina Dr.
• Sue Young Park, 9730 Diana Dr.
• Leona F. Washington Recreation Center, 3400 E. Missouri Ave.
The El Paso Parks & Rec Department also want to remind you that playgrounds and fitness equipment at parks are still off limits, keep your distance from others while at the parks and face coverings are required. You can still be safe and have fun.
KEEP READING: Creative Ways to Bring Joy to Your Neighborhood While Social Distancing