Does Every El Pasoan Own A Pair of Rainboots? This Website Thinks So
El Paso stereotypes are a real thing. Some are pretty good and some are not so good. Today's list of articles comes from a website called movoto.com. You remember this website right? It's the one where they listed the "best neighborhoods in El Paso" but clearly whoever wrote it had never been to El Paso.
Today, they bring to us "9 El Paso Stereotypes that are Completely Accurate". Included in the stereotypes is something about rainboots, and I don't know why that one was the one that stuck out to me! The nine stereotypes are:
1. Folks In El Paso Know How To Throw Down The Pickaxe
2. Everyone In El Paso Basically Lives In Mexico Too
3. But They’re All Still Old-Fashioned Cowboys At Heart
4. Everyone In El Paso Has A Pair Of Rain Boots
5. They’re A Rare Breed
6. They Always Have A Reason To Drink To That
7. They Totally Believe In Ghosts
8. They’re Ready To Correct You About Their City Even Before You Open Your Mouth
9. So Don’t Mess With These Texans.
Number nine feels like they didn't even bother trying, so this should really be "8 El Paso stereotypes that are Completely True". You can see the list and full reasoning of each one here.
Aside from the fact that they are totally not all true- I'm going to let them slide. The one that stuck out to me was number four- "Everyone in El Paso has a pair of rain boots".
Now, I've seen rain boots, I know they exist- however, I've never owned a pair of rain boots! Do all El Pasoans really own a pair of them? Am I the only one left out? With the abundance of rain lately, I may actually need to invest in a pair.
Anyway, what do you y'all think of this list of stereotypes? Yeah, Movoto.com really doesn't know El Paso that well.