Christian School Starts GoFundMe After Firework Stand Blows Up
A video went viral last week showing a firework stand exploding. Now, the school who ran the stand is trying to raise funds to replace vans that were destroyed. The Calvary West Christian School in Canutillo every year has a fireworks stand to help raise funds for the school's programs. The firework stand is one of the school's biggest fundraisers of the year, and sadly, this year's fundraiser ended in a financial tragedy.
On July 1st, the Calvary West Christian School's firework stand went up in flames after an accident, destroying all of their merchandise. Both of the school's vans were parked next to the fireworks stand and unfortunately were also destroyed in the blaze. Thankfully, no one was injured or killed due to the blast but now the school is left to pick up the pieces and try to raise even more money to replace what they lost. A GoFundMe has now been started so the public can donate to the school to help replace the destroyed vans. The school is asking for the community's help to help save the school by donating.
The firework stand's explosion first went viral when the El Paso's version of TMZ FitFam El Paso posted an initial video on their Instagram page. The video received over 77,000 views and almost 400 comments. FitFam then posted an additional video they received showing a closer look at the moment the firework stand first caught fire. That second video received 100,00 views and almost 500 comments. The Calvary West Christian School's annual fireworks stand normally runs from June 29th through July 4th in the True Value Hardware store in Canutillo, Texas. Currently, the GoFundMe has raised a little over $2,000 for the school.