CDC Reports Three Listeria Deaths Linked to Blue Bell Ice Cream
According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), five people in Kansas were reported to be infected, three have died.
All five people had been hospitalized for unrelated issues before the incident, at the same hospital. Four of the people recalled having a milkshake made from a single scoop of Blue Bell ice cream called, "Scoops," while they had been hospitalized prior to the infection.
Blue Bell released a statement about the incident on their website. :
For the first time in 108 years, Blue Bell announces a product recall.
One of our machines produced a limited amount of frozen snacks with a potential listeria problem.
When this was detected all products produced by this machine were withdrawn. Our Blue Bell team members recovered all involved products in stores and storage.
This withdrawal in no way includes our half gallons, quarts, pints, cups, three gallon ice cream or take-home frozen snack novelties.
For more information call 979-836-7977, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST