13 Pumpkin Beers To Try Before October 31
Whether you're looking for a heavy dose of autumn or just a kiss on the cheek - I've got you covered with this last minute list. We're talking seasonal beer... pumpkin-flavored beer to be exact.
The good news is that there's still time to get in a taste of a new flavor, or indulge in your fall go-to! So sit back, relax, and crack that pumpkin beer. I've compiled this list based off of beers that are still available in El Paso, TX.
It won't be long before it's red wine season... so get it while you can!
13. Samuel Adams Jacko Pumpkin Ale - If you haven't tried this one, it's HEAVY on the pumpkin. Out of the Sam Adams Seasonals...this one is the most "pumpkin-y" and not for the weaklings.
12. Samuel Adams Octoberfest Seasonal - A lighter version of Sam Adams "Jacko Pumpkin Ale."
11. Post Road Pumpkin Ale by Brooklyn - Very 'hoppy', no spice at all, barely any pumpkin flavor. The opposite of Sam Adams "Jacko Pumpkin Ale."
10. Angry Orchard Variety Pack - Choose from Crisp Apple, Rose, Easy Apple & Pear. This pack is perfect for when you can't decide. Also perfect if it's still nice enough to lay by the pool.
9. Wasatch Pumpkin Ale - Affordable, delicious, and a beautiful bottle. Check it out.
8. Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest - One of my personal favorites. Lighter than Sam Adams "Octoberfest" but still gives you a fall vibe. Easy to drink.
7. Voodoo Atomic Pumpkin - Another one heavy on the pumpkin.
6. Left Hand Pumpkin Spice Latte Nitro - Left Hand is best known for its Milk Stout. Smooth, dark and delicious if you're into darker beers. This could be a great replacement for your pumpkin cream cold brew if it's been a long week. The nitro makes it velvety smooth.
5. Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale - It's pale. You won't pay more than $10 for a 6-pack but you also won't get more than 4.5% ABV.*
4. Prairie Pumpkin Kerfuffle - IMPERIAL SOUR BEER with a little toasted marshmallow aftertaste. 8.2% ABV. High in alcohol and also high in price. Right now a pack of 4 is going to cost you $18.49.
3. Pumpkin Barrel Ale - If you like bourbon, this one's for you.
2. Punkin Ale by Dogfish - Dogfish Head Brewery is based out of Delaware, but you'll see it all over the country in grocery stores. You'll also notice it's usually a little pricier than others... but very rarely does Dogfish Head not hit the mark. Trick or treat?! TREAT YOURSELF!
1. Shiner Oktoberfest - A great pumpkin craft beer from Texas! Every drop of Shiner... is brewed in Shiner, TX. Even the pumpkin brew.
Take my notes with a grain of (beer) salt. It's all subjective. Drink what makes you happy. CHEERS!
*ABV, or alcohol by volume, is a measure of alcoholic strength. The amount of ethanol (alcohol) in a container is shown as a percentage of the overall volume of the drink. The higher the percentage, the stronger the alcohol. So, water has an alcoholic strength of 0% ABV, while pure alcohol is 100% ABV.