You Can Visit The Famous Trinity Site Next Month
The site of the worlds first nuclear detonation is only open to the public twice a year and your first 2019 opportunity is April 6th.
You can drive yourself but, if you want to go in comfort and have some extra fun, book a spot on a guided motorcoach tour. It's about 140 miles, round trip, from Alamogordo to the Trinity Site and the coach trip is a nice way to make the most of it. Here's why:
- 1) There aren't any places to stop, nor are you allowed to stop anywhere, while crossing White Sands Missile Range.
- 2) A brown bag lunch is included with your reservation.
- 3) Local historians travel on the coach answering questions and giving interesting facts about the site and the bomb itself.
- 4) On the way back to Alamogordo, a movie will be shown.
- 5) You'll get a guided tour of the New Mexico Museum of Space History.
Advance tickets are limited though and must be purchased by March 22nd so, book now! For more info call (575) 437-2840 ext. 41132 or click here.
Those driving themselves to the site should read these FAQ's. Get directions here.