What Texans Can Buy During Tax-Free Weekend
Back-to-school tax-free weekend for Texas is coming up August 9th through 11th. The items that you can get tax free are:
- Clothing, footwear, and backpacks, as long as they're under $100 per item. Not total bill. Per item.
- School supplies with the same rule. As long as each item is under $100.
Here are some tax free shopping tips for Texans directly from Offers.com.
- If you’re planning on using a business account to purchase your tax-free items, make sure you have an exemption certificate to prove you’re shopping for a student
- Use this as a chance to shop for more than just back-to-school items, like office supplies and work clothes or work uniforms. Plus, diapers are included on the tax-free list, so families may want to stock up.
- According to the Texas Comptroller’s office, you can use layaway plans to purchase tax-free items, provided you put the qualifying item under a layaway plan during the tax-free holiday OR makes the final payment during the holiday.
- Online purchases qualify for waived sales tax if the order is accepted by the merchant and paid for during the sales-tax holiday.
If that's not enough info, you can always find a complete list of tax exempt items by CLICKING HERE.