Things I Have In Common With Elisa From The Shape Of Water
I finally got to see The Shape of Water! My little Mexican heart was overjoyed. I really enjoyed it even though Buzz had some reservations on it, overall it was a great film and really deserving of the academy award for Best Picture. The casting choices were my favorite. Michael Shannon as a bad guy always does it for me, I don't know what it is about that man but I love him. Richard Jenkins, Octavia Spencer and Sally Hawkins were all amazing! As I was watching it though, I noticed some similarities between Elisa and myself! Elisa is played by Sally Hawkins and is the lady who falls in love with the Amphibian man, and aside from her being mute, she and I have way too much in common like:
- She works graveyard. Okay, so I don't work the graveyard shift anymore, but before I was on the Morning Show I worked graveyard shift for two years! So when I noticed Elisa worked graveyard I immediately related.
- She has a gay best friend. Giles is Elisa's roommate and he is in love with the cute soda jerk, emphasis on the jerk. If you know me, you know I have a gay best friend as well! At this point in the movie, I just thought they were coincidences until....
- She has cats. Giles and Elisa have cats in their apartments! Need I say more?
- She loves to dance. Buzz really hated that tap dance scene Elisa has with the Amphibian man (that is his official name I looked it up on IMDb) but I really enjoyed it. Elisa is always doing little dance numbers and I love to dance! The girl may not sing but dammit, she will dance!
- She falls in love with someone she shouldn't fall in love with. I think at one point or another, we've fallen for someone who we knew damn well we shouldn't! Sure, for us it's not a creature from the Black Lagoon, but the heart wants what it wants. But hey, it happens, we learn and move on, well, except for Elisa, she (SPOILER ALERT!) becomes a mermaid and lives happily ever after with the Amphibian man, good for her!