The Gardner Hotel Is Celebrating 100 Years In Downtown El Paso
The Gardner Hotel in downtown El Paso is celebrating its anniversary this weekend with a block party and ghost tour 100 years in the making.
The Gardner Hotel is the oldest continually operating hotel in El Paso, and it's marking its centennial with a lively party and ghost tour this weekend.
The century-old hotel opened its doors in 1922 and, over the years, has welcomed some incredible guests, including acclaimed American writer Cormac McCarthy and infamous gangster John Dillinger.
McCarthy wrote several novels while residing at the hotel on and off throughout his life and is best known for his works such as No Country for Old Men and All The Pretty Horses and is also the winner of four Academy Awards. Meanwhile, John Dillinger also took shelter at the famed hotel days before his arrest in 1933.
Steeped in history, the Gardner Hotel is also a time capsule where visitors can gaze upon a replica of John Dillinger's death mask, a vintage wooden phone booth and switchboard, handwritten letters by Leo Tolstoy, tons of memorabilia, and so much more.
Apart from its notable guests, the Gardner Hotel has been featured on the Travel Channel, serves as a hostel for weary travelers, and is known for its haunted tales of ghosts roaming its hallways.
From its quaint bedrooms, original marble staircase, fixtures, and antique look, the Gardner Hotel is a living historical landmark that deserves a celebration worthy of its 100th anniversary.
This weekend take a peek inside the famed hotel with a day-long block party celebration featuring a hotel tour, live entertainment, great eats, and an evening ghost tour hosted by Lost El Paso Paranormal.
The Gardner Hotel 100th Anniversary Celebration Schedule of Events
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Gardner Hotel Tour
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Pot Au Feu featuring Lush Life
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Pizza Joint featuring Gytrash & Amphibian
- 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. - Dillingers featuring JuJu & Isreal
- 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. - Craft & Social featuring 45 Vinyl Set
- 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. - Ghost Tour with Lost El Paso Paranormal: Space is Limited. Meet up will be at the Gardner Hotel at 8:30 p.m. for check-in. Tour begins promptly at 9 p.m. (1920s-style attire is also highly encouraged)
- To purchase ghost tour tickets, CLICK HERE.
Discover another of El Paso's hidden gems at the Gardner Hotel and help celebrate its unique history, secrets, and ghostly figures during this one-of-a-kind adventure for one day only this Saturday.
- The Gardner Hotel 100th Anniversary Celebration
- Saturday - May 28, 2022
- 311 E Franklin Ave., 79901
- For more information, call 915-503-8960