Texas Ranked As The Best State For Food – And I Agree!
With my mega-love of Tex Mex, bbq and steak, this does not surprise me. I think what really won Texas the number 1 spot though was the fact that we don't have one or two things to hang our hats on. We have it all!!
ALL styles of cuisine are offered across the Lone Star State. In El Paso alone, you'll find so much variety these days. I like trying new things but, I do have my favorites. Here, in no particular order, are my usual "go to's" for my favorite foods:
- BBQ @ The Rib Hut. The original is on Mesa but the Eastside location, on Tierra Este, is EVERY bit as good.
- Cajun Food @ Crawdaddy's on Cincinnati Street. 'Dat jambalaya, boy.
- Steak @ the original Great American on Alabama. The best.
- Pizza @ Rulis. Lots of styles and varieties out there but, Ruli's are awesome.
- The Italian Kitchen. Guess what they serve here? Go ahead ... guess.
Finally, Tex Mex/Mexican. Here's where EP kills it ... the possibilities are endless and there are so many places I haven't even tried yet. Wow! I'll just narrow it down to my top 3 and leave it at that: