Texas College Students Can Take A Joke – I Hope. Otherwise …
College rivalries go back to the earliest college students and things haven't changed much with regard to the way one will make fun of another.
One of the most common ways of belittling rivals comes in the form of jokes intended to make the other college students seem stupid.
These types of jokes aren't limited to college rivalries. They can be aimed at specific occupations, military branches, races, creeds, genders, religions and pretty much any other group you care to target.
Some mean people use them as full-on weapons, meant to encourage hate or division. Those people suck.
When done it good spirit and/or friendly competition, you have to admit, some of them are kind of funny.
What Are Some Good, College Jokes?
Here are a few aimed at Texas colleges, starting with the classic "dumb jock" joke:
- Did you hear about the fire in University of Texas's football dorm that destroyed 20 books?
- The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet.
Next, we'll slam a specific team.
- Why did the Aggies football team cross the road?
- Because it was easier than crossing the goal line.
Pretty good, huh? Here's one for the UTEP fans here in El Paso;
- If you have a car containing a Miners wide receiver, a Miners linebacker, and a Miners defensive back, who is driving the car?
- The cop.
You can also question their intelligence.
- How do you confuse a North Texas student?
- You can't, they were born that way.
Or, insult the ladies.
- What does a girl from UT Austin do if she's not in bed by 10pm?
- She goes home.
Instructors Are Fair Game Too...
- A professor at TSU in San Marcos was asked how deep Canyon Lake was. The instructor replied, "Can't be more than a few inches, it only comes up to that ducks stomach.”
There are TONS of these, you can read a few more here.
Universities and team names are, of course, absolutely and always interchangeable.
El Paso Bikers Love To Show Off Their Awesome Motorcycles
New Mexico's Oldest Restaurant